Pages

Search blog and web

How to handle new relationships with children involved

My wife and I are separated (not divorced yet). We are living separate and each have our daughter half the week. We have been able to keep it amicable so far for the most part... until now.

I just found out she is seeing someone and while I don't necessarily have an issue with that, I have an issue with how the situation is being handled in regards to our daughter.

My daughter kept mentioning this guy's name and so I asked my wife who this guy was and she said a "friend". Then my daughter started expressing unhappiness with the situation and that's when I decided to look into it further.

Turns out the guy is not just a friend and is someone she is seeing, as my daughter has seen them displaying affection in front of her.

We agreed that we would keep new relationships separate from our daughter until it was somewhat serious. So, because this guy is around my daughter, I have to assume that it's somewhat serious.

I don't appreciate her lying to me, if we're supposed to be working together and keeping this amicable. Actually, the way I found out was that she asked me to watch our daughter so that she could go out on Valentine's Day with her "friend", which I though was really tacky.

I also found out she traveled out of the state with my daughter and this guy, and I wasn't informed about it.

And another thing, she wants to raise our daughter as a Christian, meanwhile she is seeing other men and displaying affection with them in front of her daughter - while still married - just doesn't seem like setting a good example.

So, my question is, do I have a right to know who a guy is if he's around my daughter? And if my daughter is expressing unhappiness about it, do I not have the right to find out why?

Because my wife seems to think I do not have the right.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment