Pages

Search blog and web

How do I become more confident?

  • Thread Starter

Hi there. So basically, I'm an introvert. I'm extremely shy and very socially awkward. I'm very bad at making casual conversation, let alone approaching someone in the first place to start one, which is why I find it really hard to make friends. I stutter a lot when I'm nervous. I'm very quiet. I tell myself that I shouldn't care about what other people think of me, but I still can't change myself.

I feel like part of my lack of confidence is due to the fact that my race is a minority in the UK, although English is my first language. I just feel out of place although I've been living here for four years.

In the next academic year I'll be starting my first year of university, and I'm really worried about making new friends. I want to start fresh and be a new, confident person, but even thinking of it makes me feel really uncomfortable and nervous. I would appreciate anybody's help. :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment