Pages

Search blog and web

Should I go full force with this or let him have what he wants?

I am divorcing my STBXH. I finally got the money. I can't afford more than like $700 or $800 though. I want this to go quickly so I can get away from him and I don't have to spend too much. However, uncontested is looking pretty grim right now.
He will only agree to:
Joint legal and physical custody, and if that isn't possible, he wants primary custody or isn't signing. He refuses to pay child support.
We don't have any assets or anything.
Alabama always leans heavily towards the mom when awarding custody.

My mom's friend says I should not agree to what he wants and I should pull out every ugly thing I have to get what I want, and that he should back down before we ever go to court. Here is what I have:

-He was very emotionally abusive. Why I left in the first place.
-I have screenshots of all the emails and ads he posted soliciting sex with men on Craigslist and inviting them to our apartment, giving them our address.
-I have a text with him admitting to touching and trying to rape me in my sleep.

My mom's friend thinks I should tell him that if he doesn't comply with what I want (to share physical custody but have primary legal custody and to receive child support since he has a job and I don't) that I should tell him I will file for him only getting her every other weekend supervised, child support, alimony, and that I will file charges for rape.

Also, tonight, him and a friend came over while I was alone to pick up some furniture. The friend had a concealed gun with him. When I saw it, they made jokes about killing me. STBX always joked about killing me during the marriage. Mom's friend says I should immediately file charges and go to an abuse home in the area and ask them for help with a divorce and tell them I am afraid for my life.

Can I get some advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment