Pages

Search blog and web

Wife wants to move

My wife and I have been married for 7 years now. When we got married, we lived in a bigger city that both of us liked. About 3 years ago I got a job offer in a rural community that would allow us to make more than double what we were currently earning while allowing her to either stay at home with our young daughter or work part time (really anything she wanted to do was fine with me). We discussed it and decided to move. Now we have a nice house in a nice neighborhood, great neighbors, new cars, and can afford to go on vacation a couple of times a year. The problem is, she doesn't like living in a small town and wants to move back to the city. Now, keep in mind, this isn't like a tiny town of 500 where there is absolutely nothing here. It's a town of about 10,000 people that has a walmart, JC Penney, and plenty of other fast food and shopping options. I am not opposed to moving back, except I love my job and the friends that we have made. I won' t make the kind of money that I do now if we move either. I don't mind taking a cut in salary, but I know how rare it is to find a career that you love and can support your family on at the same time. I know that part of the reason that she doesn't like it here is because there are less opportunities for her to work full time (which she wants to do and I am fully supportive of). She would like to be an office administrator and there just aren't that many positions that open up around here, and the ones that have opened up and she applied for, she didn't get the position. I have suggested that she go back to college and get a 2 year degree in business administration, but she nixed that right away. At this point, I am at a loss. I don't want to quit my job, but I sure as hell don't want to lose my wife and my kid. Just curious if anyone has been through this and has any advice. Believe me, divorce is not an option here. I love her dearly and will never choose work ov er family.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment