Pages

Search blog and web

Caught Wife hiding credit card debt for over a year

While moving apartments I was throwing out mail and found a debt collectors notice. My wife had been hiding a credit card debt from me for over a year, not making the payment between interest and penalty fees the original amount has doubled. I find it really frustrating as the amount of interest and fees adds up to an amount that I'd have to work long hard hours to earn and we have nothing to show for it.

The odd things is we actually had enough money to pay it off shortly after she accumulated the debt so could have payed it off long before the debt increased substantially. We have been on a tight budget for most of the last couple of years so she would have had to admit to the debt to pay it off as other wise I would have noticed.

She has done this before but last time the amount was much lower and she was making the minimum payments. At that time I asked her to tell me next time she finds her self in this position so we can clear it up immediately.

Before this we already had a lot to work through but I know that process will require me to trust her I'm not sure what it would take to trust her again after this. She hasn't exactly been overly apologetic I got a "sorry" but when I ask for an explanation I don't get more then a "I don't know what I was thinking" when I try to probe further she threatens divorce. For now I have given up talking to her about it, she actually seems really happy since I stopped bringing it up which makes me think the threats are just a way to end a discussion she doesn't want to have.

Have been with my Wife along time and this along with a few other recent things has made me relies we have completely different attitudes to money and wealth. I'm also really angry that she hid this from me for so long. Apologies for the length of this post

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment