Pages

Search blog and web

My best friend and her boyfriend

  • Thread Starter

Posting this anonymously as she used to be a highly conscientious student, so she could well be on here.
Basically, I feel as though I've been jettisoned since my best friend got with her boyfriend. To make matters worse, instead of being a new friend, this boyfriend is a ****ing clunge bucket. Read below for examples of why, but I have a feeling that it will be long.

I invited them both to my new year's party last year. I had specifically said no smoking in the house and the boyfriend immediately started. When I politely reminded him that he couldn't smoke in the house, my friend stood up for him as opposed to respecting the rules laid down by my parents, who own the house. I really wanted to speak to my friend, but she then ****ed off to have sex in my bed(without me even saying she was sleeping there) without actually having spoken to anyone. Rude! Both then left without even bothering to say goodbye. Bear in mind that my friend hadn't seen me for three months prior to this and she had lived with her boyfriend at uni basically throughout that time (while he was still in a relationship with his ex).

At Easter, my friend and I did actually manage to make it out into town on our own. She spoke nonstop about her boyfriend - he was essentially her entire first year experience at uni. She then told me that I shouldn't be with my boyfriend because she "doesn't know what I see in him." At the time, my boyfriend and I were going really well together, so this really annoyed me. I didn't see her for the rest of the holidays as she "missed her boyfriend" (again, having lived with him throughout those ten weeks, while I'd been going long-distance with my boyfriend).

Then I was going abroad for two months in the summer, so I wanted to try and see her before I left. She did turn out to have a good excuse, but she started out by saying that she wasn't going to see me as she missed her boyfriend. So that meant that I didn't see her until September. I managed to see the rest of my friends, some of whom were coming back from uni only one or two days before my flight.

When I got back home, she didn't manage to see me for a month (boyfriend) and when she did see me, she started telling me that I should smoke weed (there are familial reasons why I will never do this) and that basically all of my opinions are wrong without giving basically any reasoning.

Then last weekend, my boyfriend and I were belatedly celebrating our anniversary and on the Saturday, all four of us were at the same event. Her boyfriend started aggressively telling me that I should smoke weed and that I was retarded for not doing so, even when reminded why I don't want to. Luckily, I wasn't spending the rest of my day with him, as my friend and I had arranged to go and have lunch together with my brother. Of course, she couldn't leave her boyfriend for all of one afternoon, so I went on my own. I then went back in the early evening and couldn't actually speak to her at that point as she was so stoned and drunk (she had been smoking and drinking since she woke up and I was speaking to her at about 7). I wasn't unhappy to spend it with my boyfriend, as I do miss him when he's a couple of hundred miles from me, so that was fine. What was not fine was the fact that my friend's boyfriend tried to belittle me every time I spoke with someone. My boyfriend told hi m to shut up, but to no avail.

If all of that is tl;Dr, I just want my friend back and to do that I think that I am going to have to break her boyfriend's face because he's a ducking runt.
I think she may be lost to me now. I've given her that many chances.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment