Pages

Search blog and web

How much sympathy do you get from your H?

This has been a sore spot for me and H. I'm wondering if it's a typical man/woman thing or just more bad relationship stuff.

I get NO sympathy from H. If I'm hurt, sick, tired... nothing.
The most I'll get is "go to the Dr" or "take some meds". Then it's "I don't know what you want ME to do about it. It's not like I can make it go away"

Everything from stubbing my toe to labour - I didn't take pain medication (a choice we both made) and still got no sympathy.
My labour experience is one of my main sources of resentment to this day.

Most of it has been pushed down but for about a week now he has had been on meds for something painful and I can tell he is fishing for sympathy himself and I've just been seething in rage about it. It's happened a few times before with illness and pain but my anger gets worse every time.

One of his first go to defenses is that he must be worse than I was. Even labour.

This topic has been discussed in groups of women I know and I've heard a lot that it's just a "man" thing. No sympathy for the wife but as soon as he needs some he's a big baby.

Are they right? Is this a typical man thing and no big deal?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment