Pages

Search blog and web

Intro

I just discovered this site by googling "troubled marriage message board."

There is really so much to say that I have no idea where to begin.

Hubby and I have been married for 6 years, together for 8. I am 36, he is 38. We have a 3 year daughter.

I feel like we've been on a long, slow decline for years and we've reached a point where we should probably just move on separately. In fact, if it wasn't for our daughter, I'm confident that we wouldn't be together anymore. While I don't believe anyone should stayed married purely for the sake of the kids, I do think we owe it to her to do everything we can to save the marriage.

We did a few counseling sessions last summer without much (any) improvement. I feel we could perhaps benefit from more counseling, but we both work full time, he is back in school for his MBA, and we don't have local babysitters.

We don't have any one big issue, we've just grown apart. We don't connect... at all. I know he is no longer attracted to me (I've gained a lot of weight since we married) and I think he has fallen out of love with me. I've even asked him about this, but he has not confirmed nor denied (which is essentially a confirmation.) We do not sleep in the same bed and we haven't had sex in an embarrassingly long time.

A few months ago, I've tried to have a big come to Jesus talk about our relationship and he wasn't receptive. He doesn't want to talk about his feelings. I've even told him that I think about leaving all the time and he still refuses to talk. His utter lack of emotion about the potential end of our marriage has weighed very heavily on me since. I feel completely alone and unloved. It has reinforced my feeling that the marriage is over and I feel like I'm now falling out of love with him.

I know I have to be the one to make the move to end it. While he is no longer invested in me or the marriage, he would continue to live as things are indefinitely. (He has even made comments about a vacation next summer and taking our daughter to Disney in a few years.)

Anyway, I'm not really looking for advice, just wanted to introduce myself. I think I'll be hanging around in the future and maybe the discussions will give me perspective into my situation.

If you read all this, you deserve a cookie!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment