Pages

Search blog and web

New and tired of my life

Hello,

I am new to this website, and I have quite a few basic questions for going about separation. I am married for 8 years, never really got along very well with my husband. He verbally abuses me, does not love, trust or respect me. He is very controlling and tries to control all the small and big aspects of my life, I am a dependant personality, so I have been able to survive with him until now. I can only go on if I listen to all his rules and fancies and get treated like a doormat. We have a 15 month old, and I really wish I had taken this decision before the baby was born.

I want to tell him that I want separation, and custody of my son. He does not even allow me to take my son away for a week to my sister. So I know he will not let me take my son away forever, and he will fight me for it. How do I approach this situation. Should I first hire a lawyer before I tell him so I have legal protection, or should I involve the police? I want to keep this as civil and legal as possible. I am not at all cutout for conflicts, and my husband loves to fight. I know he doesn't care about me, all he wants is custody of our son. So I am not sure to what extent he will fight me.

Also how long does the whole process take? Is it different per state? When I walk out of the house, I want to go and stay with my sister who doesn't live in the same state. Will that be a problem if I am not residing here?

Please help.
Regards

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment