Pages

Search blog and web

Jealous of ex's success. Broke up 5 years ago. Need help...

  • Thread Starter

My ex-girlfriend left me at the end of 2009 after a 5 year relationship. She basically felt she was too young and took the leap (fine), but she was awful to me in the breakup so that she didn't appear in the wrong (lied to me and everyone we knew and made out it was my fault).

I'll bullet point to avoid TLDR.


  • At the time it ruined me and my confidence.
  • She started seeing someone else straight away.
  • She went on to become very successful which sucks.
  • All of this made me incredibly cynical. I cannot trust anyone and over the last 5 years I've pushed away all of my friends. I now have none.
  • I'm not a success and am behind in comparison with people my age.


Because I could never understand how she could treat me the way she did, I constantly have this feeling that one day she is going to contact me and apologise. I've been hung up on this for 5 years and I know it's not going to happen but simultaneously am still expecting it. I don't want her back or anything I just hate how things have turned out so well for her.

After 5 years, this is ridiculous I know. I need help.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment