Pages

Search blog and web

Son Wants Me To Go To School

Well, for anyone who has followed my story, my divorce was final January 31. My ex still doesn't understand why I left...even after the false report to Children's Services, the allegations of phone bugging, etc., she still doesn't get it. After SHE filed a divorce petition against me, she said this when the magistrate asked her if she believed that we were incompatible: "I don't know..." She then pointed at me and said, "This was all his idea...."

But in my post divorce world, I only care about being the best Daddy I know how to be for my 5-year old son. I don't really care if she ever gets it.

Tonight, I called my son from the road. He chatted happily with me about a school bus he had made for me out of Legos. He then said he made it for me so I could ride to school. That I needed to go to school and learn how to quit making bad choices. He said he was going to write about how not to make bad choices in a book for me to read.

My ex jumped on the line about that time and told me our son has been talking about me hurting his feelings on a recent phone call. She said maybe I could talk things over with him on my next visitation day.

For the life of me, I don't recall doing anything that bad. My son will frequently get mad at me over some misunderstanding and abruptly hang up on me. But I always maintain a calm voice with him, even when he's upset with me. It irked me a little that she was putting me on the defensive like that in front of him. She seems to be doing that more these days. I can't quite put my finger on it, because she always appears to be just trying to help me understand his angst. But I'm not getting a very positive vibe. On the other hand, I don't want to discount my son's hurt, either.

Am I blowing this out of proportion, or was that conversation really messed up?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment