Pages

Search blog and web

Devastated: My ex-husband has a new girlfriend

First time posting here - I'm hoping to get some help for something that has happened to me this week.

My husband and I split up last summer. We had no children. We had been married for four years and he just seemed to withdraw after year two. We started fighting about the littlest of things and overall, things were pretty miserable. I really wanted kids with him, but he sort of always avoided the conversation and didn't seem enthusiastic about it. He did tell me before we got married that he wanted them, but he started withdrawing from the idea as the marriage went on. He also started spending a lot of time at work. I got frustrated with him as time went on, and my disagreements led to me pulling away from him physically. So in year three of our marriage, sex really wasn't happening and he was getting angry about that. We also had some financial issues. We had a really nice house, but we were "house poor", and couldn't afford to take many trips or spend much money on the weekends.

Then came the day that we split up. A huge fight over the what we were going to do over the last 4th of July. Needless to the say the fight got out of control and later that night he asked to leave our marriage. Needless to say I was devastated. I begged for another chance, but he was pretty firm on his decision. I ended up filing the paperwork (he never got around to doing it). I got pretty depressed, but was able to turn things around by the time we actually divorced and felt like he was right. I confided in friends and family and I seemed to be in a better place by the end of the year.

Jump to now. I de-friended him on Facebook a week before our divorce was finalized last year. I admittedly looked at his profile a few times over last Christmas but things were pretty hidden and there was no activity it seems. But this week, I got curious again and what I saw was shocking.

He has been dating someone since early January - they've even taken a few trips together - including one to California to visit his uncle. On top of that, she is REALLY pretty, thinner, and taller than myself. There are numerous photos of them together. I went to bed last night and cried my eyes out and called into work sick today. I can't eat, sleep, or do anything.

I have feelings of jealously and anger. I have dated a few men since we split, but they weren't good fits. So why am hurt so bad by this? I feel like I'm falling in love with him all over again, and I don't know why. Has anyone gone through something similar? Is this normal?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment