Pages

Search blog and web

First Therapy Session......

So, session #1 down........many more to go. I spent most of the session correcting my wife's account of our situation. Some of her statements were so inaccurate that all I could do was smile.

She continually made assumptions to the subjects of my text/emails with ex-wife, misstated several actual occurrences she's blaming her non-existent relationship with my kids by leaving out ALL the things we've done as a family.

Then continues to attack the subject and recipient of my daughter's text messages while she is with us. She assumed they were all to her Mom, and I questioned if she actually read the messages, so of course my wife said "no", which I responded, then please don't make my daughter out to be some "criminal" in this "investigation".

My sister-in-law called this type of behavior as "cognitive distortion".........I think she is right.

Many more sessions to come.....hopefully not spent correcting or defending myself.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment