Pages

Search blog and web

I am my wife's only serious relationship, she's having doubts about "romance"

As the title says, my wife doesn't enjoy romantic things. Anything I try she says is awkward and doesn't enjoy it. However, she says that she wants to enjoy romance and intimacy, like her best friend and her bf. She is starting to have serious doubts about us because I'm her first serious relationship so she doesn't know whether (a) she just isn't a romantic person on reality even though she wishes she enjoyed it, or (b) she can enjoy romance but just not with me so we're incompatible. This has blown me off my feet and I'm destroyed. She says she needs time to figure this all out and we're separated. She said she knows I'm her best friend and loves me in that sense, but is afraid she doesn't love me how she's supposed to and I'm just a friend to her so that's why she doesn't enjoy romance with me.
We're going to counseling but no progress has been made. I don't know what to do, she says she isn't ready to talk so communication isn't an option at the moment. She's also suffering from possible depression and seeking treatment. I'm afraid that she sees her happy best friend whose in a new relationship and in the honeymoon phase and wants that. I've tried telling her that romance and relationships evolve but I'm just heartbroken and lonely at the moment and need help

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment