Pages

Search blog and web

Are you sour grapes about the opposite sex?

Why are some people like this? :rofl:

Of course everyone has preferences, and different people find different things attractive. But, sometimes, people are just obviously trying to criticise or put down other (attractive) members of the opposite sex just because they're not particularly attractive themselves, and they're quite sour-grapes about it. Sometimes, people take it to extremes and just seem to hate the entire opposite sex because they aren't getting any.

Obviously, there are other reasons to dislike people and sometimes people are just joking around. but it really annoys me when you hear a guy who doesn't even exercise and is really skinny saying something like "Most female celebrities who work out end up looking like men," or a girl who's very overweight saying "muscles on guys are disgusting and look wrong". Everyone's entitled to their opinion ofc, but trying to put down other people just out of jealousy and bitterness seems ridiculous to me.

One of my friends is really, really pretty (modelled for Hollister among other places, lovely figure and face, looks like Jessica Biel but blonde) and I have heard more of my male acquaintances criticise her than any other girl I know. Not even kidding. It's nearly always the unattractive guys who do so too, it's just so obvious and stupid. These are also the guys who go on about "Jessica Alba/Scarlett Johansson/Cheryl Cole etc. are 6/10s at best I wouldn't go out with them if they asked". It just makes me LOL and it is so pathetic. Loads of male celebrities considered "hot" are not to my taste, I might say I don't fancy them but I don't feel the need to have a long go at them either.

I've heard (generally considered to be) very attractive people criticising the way others look, too. And that definitely isn't OK either. But, in my personal experience, it's by far and away those who aren't very attractive themselves (not necessarily just physically too, those who aren't very successful if they're adults or have good social skills or whatever) who seem to feel the need to have a vitriolic go at attractive members of the opposite sex. Most of the "attractive" people I know are secure enough in themselves that I can count all those who do that on one hand.

Do you reckon I should call my friends out on this when they do it? Or is it just a silly stage they'll grow out of?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment