Pages

Search blog and web

Ex cut contact, still bothers me

My ex emotionally cheated on me and dragged out the break up. I was stupidly upset, and threw myself into someone else and told him that I wasn't in love with him anymore after cheating on me and that I would be happy with someone else and I would be okay, despite what he had done to me throughout the relationship and the cheating. He then said it would be best that we didn't speak to each other again, glad that I thought I'd find someone better and then just said goodbye.

It's been two months since the break up and I'm doing pretty well. My confidence has shot up after he put me down for so long and betrayed my trust so many times. I'm happier than I ever have been and I finally feel good enough for myself again. I've finally detached from the situation and seen that all the times he had desperately hurt me and people had told me to leave were not my fault, and I didn't make him do such horrid things to me. But it still bugs me a lot that he has just cut contact. We were together for 3 years. Even though I know he never loved me and I should be happy to be free of someone who made me cry and hurt so much, the lack of dignity still bothers me.

Can someone slap some sense into me please? I know what I said to him was stupid but he prolonged the torture of choosing between me and another girl he'd known for 3 weeks and I was deeply hurt and betrayed. How do I completely let go?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment