Pages

Search blog and web

What would you do?

Anon or delete.

So here's the scenario
You've been with your boyfriend for 2 years, you're both early/mid twenties and both seem to think it's for keeps. You've moved in together, things are going really well. In general chats about marriage the responses have been mixed. They started with not interested in marriage to some that seemed a lot more interested but not yet. Then in a discussion (that doesn't go well at all) your boyfriend makes it very clear that he doesn't want to get married now or ever. He doesn't say never but doesn't see it ever changing, marriage is just something he doesn't see the point in at all and thinks it just makes it harder if anything were to ever go wrong with us and our relationship. For you marriage is an important thing and something you want and don't want to have to give up.

Now for me I see it going one of two ways. He changes his mind and eventually we get married, all fine and dandy. Or what seems more likely at the moment is that in say another 5 years down the line is we'll be in exactly the same situation and one of us has to give up our views because there isn't really any compromise is there. So one of us has to do what the other wants and he's made it very clear that he wouldn't get married just to please me if it wasn't what he wanted to do and I don't think I'd want him to do that either.

So I really don't know. I love him I really do but I don't want to have to give up something that is actually really important to me. And I don't want to get 5 years down the line and realise that neither of us have changed our opinions or are willing to give theirs up and so we just won't work.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment