Pages

Search blog and web

Hello TAM friends!

How's it going, peeps?

Just wanted to check in with everyone and see how they are doing! I've been off of here for the summer and honestly it was a break that I needed.

This has been a really busy summer with classes, a short vacation, and working my rear off on my parent's farm while waiting for the school year to begin again. But...It was also very much needed. I'll be honest, I spent a lot of time alone and thinking about my past and more important my FUTURE! Yes, I have a much clearer picture of where I am at and what I want and how to get there. I am actually nervous but somewhat excited to get started with school again. I even gave up coaching right now to focus a bit more time and energy on my child and most important on myself.

One thing I realized after my divorce was that I was masking everything by running crazy in my job and trying to be super dad. Everything I did for two years was for other people and just to stay as busy as I could so that I didn't have to think about anything. I cannot afford counseling so this was the best alternative!!! Well, I gave up a few things now to work through the rest of the issues and I can honestly say I am in a much better place. I'm still working through the debt but I have found ways to have fun and not spend much money (disc golf has become my new found friend and I've mountain biked just about every trail within 100 miles of me) and I've also picked up some side jobs doing things I love to do (put in a large flagstone patio for a friend and other landscaping adventures for other people since I don't have a house).

My dating life hasn't changed all that much. I've been on a few dates but nothing significant. I still haven't allowed myself to open up to another significant other. I think it goes back to making sure I am at peace with myself. Yes, I was another co-dependent and when married I did everything for my ex to make sure she had the best I could offer even at the expense of my own financial well-being. Kind of dumb, I think!!! lol!!!! Will probably get back into the dating arena at some point but I'm not worried about it. I feel and look good. I'm back down to 210 lbs and at 6'2" I'll take that! I haven't weighed this since my first year of football in college. My biggest insecurity now is still the finances but I've picked up several side hustles to make some extra income. Hoping to buy a house next summer as the walls to this apartment are closing in on me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone on here. Not sure if some of my old TAM pals are still around and lurking but I gained a lot of insight by reading posts here. Believe me, there are a lot of people who are hurting out there who need to hear your stories!!!!

Take care everyone!!!!

Paradise




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment