Pages

Search blog and web

Unsure. should I leave or should I stay

My husband and I have been married for three years, together for six. We moved down to North Carolina a month after we were married. The wedding was a disaster with his mom being nasty and half my family not showing up. Afterwards his mother threw me out of the house, not my husband. Well three years later and Anthony is not the man I knew. We've been to marriage counseling, and he didn't work at our marriage. That was last spring into September when our therapist told us there was nothing else she could do for us. She said he's verbally abusive and clearly doesn't want to be married regardless of what he says. His actions say differently. I have been called every name under the sun for simple things like asking him to take out the garbage or empty the dishwasher. On days like yesterday, one of his days off, he will sit from the time I leave for school and work and play video games until long after I come home. Last night he was up until 3 am. I went to b ed without him. We rarely have sex and its only when he wants it because I no longer do. I am driving my friends crazy though because I am so confused. Some days are like yesterday, where nothing gets done and he's up until 3 playing games. He never willingly does things around the house, don't get me wrong, its always frustrating. But some days he's nice. I catch a glimpse of the man I once loved. We will play games and put together puzzles and enjoy the dogs. But it always goes back to this... to me feeling like I made a giant mistake. Marriage shouldn't feel this way... at least I hope it shouldn't. I am not sure. I no longer know what to do. Ive been saying I'm leaving for two and a half years now, since the day he spit in my face for no reason. But I haven't left. Not only haven't I left, I bought a house with him and adopted 5 dogs. And of course the dogs would come with me because he doesn't actually even like them. So now I am in a position where I have myself and 5 dogs and no full time job because I have been in school to further my education. I graduate next May. I was hoping to hold out till then... but theres always the question of what if things get better? What if he becomes the husband I need? And no, I don't need a perfect guy. I do need a partner though. An adult who does things around the house when they need to be done if he's home so that I don't have to come home from a long day of school and work and do all of those things around the house as well. I do want someone who will come to bed with me most nights and want to be with me. Someone who will want to spend time with me. He says he does... but again his actions say differently. I no long know where to turn or what to do. I am at a loss. I am tried of yelling and nagging. I never nagged! I was not that type of person! Now I nag. I am tired of feeling this way.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment