Pages

Search blog and web

Offensive or not?

Would you consider being called "helicopter parent" something as offensive as "you are more stupid than I thought"?

We had this conversation last night with my husband, and this is always touchy subject. But that's not the point. I told him (without any mean intent, it was matter of fact for me) "You are a helicopter parent". He got up and left the area saying "and you are even more stupid than I thought". When I told him there is no need for name calling, he said I started first by calling him "helicopter" parent.

I do not believe that these two are equally offensive. "helicopter parent" is just a parenting attitude that i do not share, and that's it for me. Would you consider it offensive? As offensive as calling someone 'stupid"?

(as a background info - aggressive arguments and name calling by my husband are the biggest issue in my long term marriage. It is improving now, after I said last December that I want divorce, but there are still hic cups now and then).

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment