Pages

Search blog and web

Major trust issues - help?

  • Thread Starter

I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 7 months. I can honestly set that I love her, and things are going great now - but there's a problem. Since day 1 her dad just has not seemed to like me. I'm always polite when I'm there, and if I ever eat there, I almost always thank him (I'll get to this shortly) and ALWAYS clear up and wash the dishes after. He said to my girlfriend that the reason he's not too find of me is that I'm not 'jolly enough', and that one time I forgot to thank him for cooking me dinner. I admit that not thanking him may have come across slightly rude, but I washed the dishes afterwards, which surely would have showed my appreciation. As for not being jolly, that's just my personality, I can't really change that, so it's frustrating for me.

My viewpoint is that surely, if the only fault he can find with me is that I'm not very jolly (I'm far from miserable though), then he should be happy? I'm in between jobs currently, starting my new job next month, I have offers for multiple Russell group universities and ultimately I treat his daughter well and make her happy, so I'm not sure what his issue is:/

Also, he constantly talks to my girlfriend about her guy friend who he meet before we got together, and how he was so jolly and talkative.. As if he wishes she was with him instead, I don't know:/

My question is, what could be his reasons for this dislike towards me, and what can I do to address it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment