Pages

Search blog and web

Does a little payback help you move forward?

My husband doesn't see any issue with our sexless marriage. I personally go through an emotional cycle with each dry spell. Hurt and feeling rejected/unwanted, panic and trying to figure out why, anger/resentment, and finally distraction. I have talked to him until I have nothing more I can say to get my feelings across, he makes promises that he will "try" and finally him stop trying after a few weeks. Our dry spells can last for weeks to months (once a couple of years).

The emotional cycle is inevitable for me and the only thing I can do is try to get it to distraction as quickly as I can. I have found over the last few cycles is I get stuck in the hurt/rejection mode or anger mode and can't move on. I have found a little payback is the only thing to make me move forward. I am not talking about anything permanently damaging like an affair. I know it is childish and petty but it makes me feel better.

For example, my husband prefers tv over sex. I recently was looking on the schedule of shows to record over the next couple weeks and saw a huge amount of new ones set to record. Now these are not sports or movies but shows about cars or other subjects that really don't have a storyline to follow. I just looked at these shows and saw more countless reasons he can use to avoid me. My first instinct was I am not going to compete with these freakin shows and set them all to temporarily not record. That felt so good and now I feel over that hump.

I know payback isn't the PC thing to do in a marriage but sitting here giving him the middle finger from the next room isn't cutting it.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment