Pages

Search blog and web

If you had a son, what would you do in this situation?

  • Thread Starter

Hello,first time I'm posting here,I don't know if this is in the correct section(mods feel free to move).

I don't have any children,I'm just wondering your action on this scenario.(I'm not willing to discuss whether drugs should be legal or not or if they are correct or not,that's not the goal of this thread.For the purpose of this thread consider that drugs are bad.)

Imagine yourself having a son(it doesn't matter the gender).
If me as a father don't support any kind of drugs,do not use them and do not want to see my child using them,what would you do in my shoes to keep my child away from this path?

My first reaction was 'don't let him hang out with bad influences'.Even that being true, still,I don't want to grow up a retard.
He should be able to see the world with his own eyes and thinking with his head,always analyzing things.Having his own opinion for things and not letting other people's opinions affect his thoughts. Never believe things he see on internet, or in this forum (for example),always questioning whether something is true or not,(if not then searching for the truth)but most importantly, thinking.

Always this child will have to study.This guy will be so smart that will probably be the smartest of the whole school.No.The whole country.

But still,what are the fundamental things I should be teaching that let him be open minded about the world but still aware of which things are good for him and which aren't?

The point is:I want an answer that tells me how to grow him in a way that when someone asks him if he wants weed,he says 'NO' not because I kept telling him that that's not good for him but because he could figure that with his own open mind.

You may argue'yo, if he has an open mind then he should consider weed'.
We are considering weed is bad for this thread.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment