Pages

Search blog and web

I'm pining over an ex from 3 years ago

This ex and I broke up mutually exactly 3 years ago now. We lived in different parts of the country and were upset about never seeing each other, so we decided to break up. We both still had very deep feelings for each other though. It was very painful to let go and forget about her.

Eventually I did. I've met other girls since and I've had a few flings, two short term relationships and one long term relationship. I'm now single and my mind has been going back to the ex from 3 years ago. At first I thought it was temporary and would pass. But I've been thinking about her everyday for 4 months now. Truth is, none of my more recent exes have compared to her. This girl was the sweetest, the most beautiful, the one I was most physically attracted to, and the one who behaved in the most dignified way when we broke up. She's a hard one to forget about.

I was looking through my emails a few weeks ago and came across a folder I completely forgot about. It had all the emails we sent each other in it. I got emotional reading them. The last one she ever sent me was: "I miss you soooo much. I was in [town where I'm from] l the other day and it was such an empty feeling being there without you. I hope you aren't too stressed out. I do think about you lots and always wonder if you're doing okay. I'm looking forward to the day we can meet for a coffee as friends. When I'm ready I'll reach out to you. But only if you want me to of course. :-) P.S. Someone told me I looked like Scarlett Johansson today. It made me smile. :-) (I always told her she looked like SJ)

It's sad for me to say.... reading this email that she wishes to reach out to me one day as a friend... that she hasn't contacted since that email, which was 3 years ago. I've struggled not contacting her myself but I wanted to respect her and let her do the reaching out first, because she said she is the type of woman who can't be in contact with someone she is in love with. She wanted to get over me first.

I have no idea where she lives now. She might have a boyfriend, husband, and kids for all I know. She never had a Facebook either so I can't find out about her or contact her on that. And she's probably got another phone number now. The only way to contact her would be through email... if she still uses that same email address... Should I go for it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment