Pages

Search blog and web

Friend's daughter issues

Hi all,

Hope this is an appropriate place - it's about family stuff-ish, altthough it's not my daughter.

The girl is nearly 14, but acts in public as thinks 17 yr olds do, dresses (in her own description) like a prostitute, and doesn't have a good relationship with her parents.

She's bright, acomplished (home educated til 11 which may not have helped) and comes from a very religeous background, which she is utterly rejecting.

So far, so bad - but what's it got to do with me? Well, when she was very little, she adored me, and vice versa. Then, due to geography, we lost touch until fairly recently. Now she is opening up to me in conversations with me online, in a way she can't with her parents.

My wife is concerned about me getting too involved (I understand her concerns, am keeping everything appropriate, the conversations are not hidden from my wife, and having done chikd protection courses, I know to be careful.)

But I do want to help her if I can. She's lost and vulnerable.

What to do?

Advice gratefully received.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment