Pages

Search blog and web

I am losing my mind

Hi all,

I am so frustrated. I am far from a perfect man. Very far. But I don't think that explains our problems.

I try to be nice and considerate but then my wife will do or say something pretty dumb and I ignore it or try to just get her to not repeat the idea and suddenly I am a bad guy.

Honestly, my wife is not of the highest intellect. And after begging I finally got her to see a therapist once. That therapist said my wife was near a nervous breakdown. No surprise to me.

She just won't go back and see her. Instead she continues to live a life of anxiety and stress.

It is taking a toll on me. I tried escape. I have spent several months at a time twice a year for almost 7 years now overseas playing golf with friends in a party atmosphere. The escape does me good. But it gets harder and harder to come back to the gloom and doom atmosphere here.

I don't know. Maybe I'm dreaming when I think some people are actually happy. I know I wish I was alone and didn't feel guilty because she is so miserable.

And I know some of her problems are real. She has back problems. Her sister is desperate for money. We do help financially. But she blows every problem in life out of proportion.

Today is a perfect example of how a problem explodes. She comes with me to the hospital to see my mother who is there for pain issues and has had an episode of psychosis in response to some of the pain meds. While there, they say she is fine now and they are releasing her. Well, I'm seeing my mother who can;'t wake up enough to talk to me and don't think so. I want her kept one more night for observation and pain help.

While I am querying the head nurse about how certain she is about release my wife suggests that I stay with her overnight. Well, that isn't optimal as I felt staying in her hospital room was better so I say no I don't want to do that. I continue with the nurse getting her to rethink what is happening. Again my wife suggests the same thing. I say no that isn't a good idea. Maybe a little sharply but what is she thinking?

Long story short when the nurse tries to dress my mom she realizes she isn't ready to go home and she stays. On the way out I ask my wife where she wants to go. We were going shopping but she is in one of her take me home modes. As if I've done something wrong.

I can't take it. She is so sensitive to every imagined slight I can't win. I am ready for divorce. I still worry what will happen to her as she is naive and has family that will strip her of her money once we separate but at some point I need to protect my sanity.

Sorry to go on so long. I'm losing it too. Maybe I need therapy.

James

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment