Pages

Search blog and web

I will versus you should

Hi, this is my thread for being divorced, again. It took two weeks from a joint self-filing to be divorced again. I found out six months ago that my wife didn't love me and had been using me for some time. More details on that in my threads on hoping for an R and then going through divorce.

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/reconci...most-gone.html

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...m-herself.html

To be fair, there are mistakes I made in my marriage and life and TAM and IC have been invaluable to figuring out how to change my behavior. How to focus on what I can control and stop my bad behaviors. How to step back from wanting to control others. It's a path I'll continue on for the rest of my life, but I'm awake now and aware of what I need to focus on to be happy.

I thought of this thread's title on a bike ride; it's about how we all live on the same street. Some of us live on the side of the street with personal responsibility or I Will. Some of live on the side of the street that deals with control and resentment and judging or You Should. I've moved across the street this year and I'm pretty happy on the I Will side. I'm less naive, less optimistic, but more of a realist about how people work and why they behave they way they do.

I don't post on TAM as much, but I'm adding this thread to sound off on topics I want help or advice on. Or just to vent, etc.

I have two teenage daughters from my first marriage and two stepdaughters from my second marriage. Most of the parenting issues that some TAM members face are pretty well resolved for me, as I've been divorced from my daughters' mom (X1) for 10 years. I don't get to see my stepdaugthers much anymore, but I still love them, even as I've detached from my 2nd exwife (X2).

There's more detail in my other threads on my background, but I'm dating again, working on my career and raising my kids. I like to help on TAM when I can, because it's given me so much on a difficult road this year. Thanks to TAMmers for their support and advice.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment