Pages

Search blog and web

What can I expect to pay in spousal support?

Hi Forum, this is my first ever post on here.

Info:
In California
Married 4 years
No kids
No house

I found out my wife was cheating on me last week. Had a gigantic fight and divorce is now imminent. We have chosen to go the mediation route to save lawyer fees and remain civil with each other. We are being civil with each other and cooperating so far. We found a mediator we like and our first session is in a couple weeks.

I think we have the asset/debt division part somewhat close to being solved. I am just trying to get a feel for what I might be paying in spousal support.

From what I understand in CA I will basically pay her monthly for the next 2 years since we were married for 4 years.

Few details on our incomes and expenses which might help:
She currently has zero income, quit her job few months back to relocate closer to my job
She has a very high level of education, but there do not seem to be many jobs in her field in this area
My income is relatively high
Our expense budget was about 6500 a month combined
She is on my medical and dental insurance from my work, and she does have a chronic medical condition with expensive medications

What can I expect in spousal support?

Also I would love any general advice on mediation (are we doing the right thing?) and any divorce advice in general. This marriage cannot be saved, what she did is not forgivable to me. This whole thing is really new to me and I just found all this out last week.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment