Pages

Search blog and web

My best friend -

So, I was hoping to get some advice...

I've been best friends with this girl since we were 15, and we're coming up to 19. So nearly 4 years and obviously people change in that amount of time. When I first met her, she was awkward, shy and really the classic 'nerdy' girl. However in the last 8 months, she's started a new job (where her brother works) and joined that friends group. It's all blokes, ranging from 20 to 26, and her personality has drastically changed.

To be really honest, I was watching Family Guy last night and this sketch just reminded me so much of her - Family Guy - Joan of Arc (Gamer guuurl) - YouTube. She went from shy, awkward and tbf stereotypically quite feminine to that. She talks about the copious amount of sex she gets, in clubs she acts like a total slut and all round she's turned into a quite annoying and forceful person. Conversations nearly always ultimately are forced into talking about her sex life, or how everyone thinks she's a slag (I think she *likes* having a slag persona? She doesn't talk about it negatively. Like a few weeks ago, she completely changed the conversation and said something like 'I asked a girl at work how many guys she thought I slept with, and she said 8! Can you believe that?' and everyone was just abit like 'erm, good for you?' lol) and stuff like that. And none of it feels very natural to witness; it feels like she's actively 'butching' herself up, personality wise, while appearance wise she's making herself more and more feminine. I can only think that hanging around a group consisting of young men has made her think that it's desirable to be like that? (which is quite the opposite really, in clubs I have random men telling me that my friend is annoying and most of the guys I know now say they would have sex with her but not date her, go figure)

While all this is happening, all her old friends have started bitching about how annoying she is/how she's changed. All juvenile behaviour admittedly, but I actually kinda agree with them. She's becoming insufferable to know, and if I was in her position, I would want her to tell me that I've changed for the worse. So my question is, should I tell her that she's a total **** now? Is there any point? I don't really see her taking my advice anymore. She has her new friends and I think she's happier for it. So if your friend was happier being a bellend, would you try and change them nonetheless?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment