Pages

Search blog and web

ex changed mind on apology

i felt i was at the point after 3 months of NC with my ex girlfriend of 2 years that i should apologise to her. After we broke up i got really drunk one night and left her some abusive voicemails/texts after hearing of her sleeping with someone i dislike soon after we split. I apologised mainly for my friends sake as they have had to choose between the 2 of us when organising parties etc and i figured life is too short to hold grudges and the best option would be to act civil.

I offered a sincere and lengthy apology explaining my actions, my ex accepted and then began to talk to me asking how my recent holiday was etc. She continued talking to me for several days and then out the blue said 'i've just listened to the voicemail again, i can't forgive you' i told her that it was her choice and she could live in the past and try to vilify me if she wanted to but that i was a good person who had made one drunken error.

She then tried claiming that prior to the drunk calls she wanted to get back with me. This is a load of crap as i rang her the weekend prior to the messages and she told me she'd definitely made the right decision and that she was a lot happier without me in her life. I felt like it was a guilt trip to try and mess with my head (which it kind of has) and told her that we are both a lot better off apart as i feel back to my old self and that regardless of whether or not she wanted me back it wouldn't have happened because she shouldn't have broke up with me in the first place if i was what she wanted.

She then said she was willing to be civil and could tell i was genuinely sorry so i just ended the conversation and wished her good luck for her exam results.

Why would she accept my apology, begin making conversation with me in a friendly manner and then claim after days of exchanging a few messages that she can't forgive me and try guilt tripping me the way she did? Head f*ck.

She's going to the same university as me in September which is far from ideal and the way she is i can just tell she's going to try to make me out to be some kind of villain to all her new friends. The fact she's still kept and listened to the voicemails says it all really, they're like some kind of trophy for her which she shows off to everyone.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment