Pages

Search blog and web

I think I'm getting divorced..advice

I'm just going to go ahead and write my story, any input or advice appreciated. TiA!
I've been married 13 years and have 2 kids. I've been a very happy, dedicated mom. My husband works a lot, travels a lot, etc. We don't see him much. He is home on weekends and our home is filled with love and joy by the kids and me. He always seems stressed. He has no obligations over the weekend from us. I never nag or give him a honey-do list. He works so hard during the week and I want him to relax and enjoy his entire weekend. Our kids are behaved and amazing. We have a gorgeous home. I'm pretty and fit. I look at our life, his life, and think this is THE DREAM.
Three weeks ago he was diagnosed with cancer. He was not given a death sentence. In fact it is a cancer that is manageable and curable. I googled info on it and told him we'd get through it and I'd support him any way I could. So obviously he's stressed about his diagnosis. Last Fri night he said he'd be home late. So when midnight rolls around I decide to call his cell. No answer for an hour. Finally he calls me back and says he had to take a plane back from his meeting and was just able to call me. I was annoyed he was that late and said I didn't trust him. He then told me this marriage wouldn't work out and we should divorce. One week before we were planning a family trip to Costa Rica, so this was surprising. He said he was faithful and he knows I'm lonely and he has failed in the emotional aspect of our relationship as he's never here for me. This is actually true, but since I have great kids, friends, activities and he has been a great provider I was able to liv e without his companionship. It was a trade off and I always knew he worked SO hard that I didn't want to add any more stress to his life. I don't ask for anything and am not high maintenance. He is not working this hard to fulfill my need of things or money. I have told him often I'd live in a shack with him, as long as our family was together.
It devastated me that he was talking about divorce. I've been beyond devoted to him and our family. I didn't want to divorce when he brought it up and I did not want my kids to go through that. The next day we talked and he said it again. I asked to go to counseling to try and work it out and he said it would not work. I said some pretty convincing stuff and he agreed I made good points and he would book a counselor for us and we should go. So he booked someone for next Wed. Since our talk I have felt like no longer want to stay with him. The way he was so sure we should divorce was very hurtful. I am replaying our marriage. I don't totally trust he's been faithful, although he says he was. Too many times I have no idea where he is. I am pretty, fit and completely devoted to our family. I can't imagine what more he could want. I know it seems like I'm not owning any responsibility , but I truly don't see anything that I could have done to make him feel this way. I'm n ow feeling very betrayed by him and I don't think it's something I can come back from. I don't feel I want to. So I asked him to cancel the counselor and he didn't want to, so I said I'd go because it would be good to go see a neutral party and talk, no matter which direction we take. It is SO weird that 1 week ago we were planning a vacation and this week I'm ready to move on from this marriage. There is 1 IMPORTANT piece I have to add and this is why I do not trust him. When he was late on Friday night and I couldn't get ahold of him I checked his twitter account his company makes him use, like a lot of companies are doing. I wanted to see if he posted anything that day so I could get a feel for where he was. No tweets. So then I look in his followers and he has a naked, sleazy blonde lady following him. I clicked on her profile and she is just this sleazy person. A couple others are questionable too! I thought..well he's going to say, "You can't help who follow s you on twitter." So I looked at 20 of his peer's followers to see if any of them had sleazy girls following. I did not find a single one! Then I thought..maybe these girls follow successful men in hopes of a customer or something. So I clicked on the girls twitter pages and they don't follow any other man like my husband. They mostly have lots of other sleazy girls and some sleaze ball looking guys, with my husband. So I have to come to the conclusion that they KNOW my husband, right?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment