Pages

Search blog and web

Husband who lives like he's single

Where to start? Well, I've been married for almost 8 years and have been with my husband for almost 15. I love him and know he loves me and our 2 1/2 year old son, but I feel like he is taking both me and my son for granted. When we were first married, he was always with buddies or inviting them over. While getting his Masters he was always with groups studying and hanging out. Since my son was born, my husband is either working, playing softball, finding something else to do with friends, or when he's home talking/texting w/work and friends.
I don't think my husband does not want to be married, I honestly feel like he wants us there when he feels like it and expects us to be there when he comes back from whatever adventure he's been on that day.

Before my son, I was a very active person as well, and was very healthy/in shape. Since, I have almost no time to myself (I work full time as well), and definitely don't get time to exercise like I use to. I try in between mommy stuff (which means really late at night or really early in the morning, but that is rare). My husband helps very little with my son and only helps if it is absolutely necessary-in fact, I had to go away on a trip for work one week, so my husband shipped my son out of state with his mom while I was gone.

What makes things worse is we relocated 2 years ago to help financial burdens and obtaining better jobs, so I am virtually alone. I have almost no friends because it is hard to make friends when you are toting a 2 year old around all the time-I have joined a mommy group, and enjoy every second with my son, but I would like a little time for myself too.

I could go on and on with example of my husband's selfishness but here's a small glimpse-he plays 3 nights a week on a softball league, and on most weekends, he refuses to go home to visit his or my family, he will go out to go fishing, golfing, etc. and won't return for 6, 7, or even 8 hours. He seems to have no reguard for me or my son. I have begged him to help me with having time for me and him having time for his son, but he gives me excuses and I have to fit my stuff into his off times (which is very limited) and it often changes so it never happens.

I have talked to him repeatedly about it and he might change for a minute and help a little or spend a little time at home, then it changes back in a week or so.

I don't know what to do anymore. Am I better off staying with him because I love him and accept the fact that he does not prioritize me or my son, or do I leave and then really become a single mom? I am sad, lonely, and don't know what to do!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment