Pages

Search blog and web

Scared to end things - What to do?

I'm 21 and my girlfriend is 30. She lives in another country, and we see each other about once every 3 months. We've been together for a year now.

We're head over heels in love, but I've come to the realisation that we both want different things. She is getting ready to settle down and have children, whereas I'm too young to consider doing either of those things.

The trouble is, before I came to this realisation as it were, I promised her that once my studies were over that I would fly out to be with her forever. (Stupid of me, I know...)

I have been meaning to break up with her, but I'm too afraid to do it. She is devoted to me, and I am equally in love with her. She would be left devastated, and knowing that I would be the one responsible for her pain would hurt me even more than the thought of never being with her again.

I'm completely lost. If I end thing now, I will be saving her far more time and pain than if I had let things carry on, moved in with her, started a family and then broken up once I realised I had settled down far sooner than I should have. But at the same time, I can't bear the thought of her crying herself to sleep every night, all because of me...

What can I do? How can I soften this blow that will inevitably be dealt to her?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment