Pages

Search blog and web

Husband Never Happy

Is there a buying addiction? I don't know but I think my husband may have it. What should I do?

My husband is continuously wanting to buy something new. We currently have so much debt it's insane. Everytime I tell him I really want to concentrate on paying off some of it he flips out and treats me like I'm a horrible person. His motto is money is there to be spent.

We currently have only debt that's his debt, but all the selling and buying of stuff for him has left us in the negative in regards to down payments (buy a car for 4k down, sell it and we lose the 4k which we used a credit card to pay, etc)

We owe for his dirt bike, motorcycle, truck, our house, 2 home equity loans (80k worth of debt all used to buy him stuff) and another credit card that's maxed out. He starts a hobby and then is tired of it within 2 weeks costing us 1000 for nothing all the time. There's been ATVing, Boating, Snowboarding, Toy Cars, Remote Control Helicopters, Skiing, Dirt Biking, Motocross, Wakeboarding, Jet Skiing, AutoCross, Motorcycles, Learning to Fly, Learning to Play the Guitar, Restoring old Cars, Wants to be a Cop, Wants to be a train engineer, etc. Recently he started wanting to do flying lessons and that racked up a few thousand itself. Now he's bored of it and wants to trade it up for a boat again.

So last night he comes to me with "Lets buy a boat! It's for the family. We deserve it. You always said you loved the old boat. It'll only cost 400 dollars a month and I''ll stop flying to save us that money so it''ll be almost like it's no different at all!" Etc.

I told him not until we pay off one of the credit cards at least. He throws a fit, gets up and goes and locks himself in our bedroom.. I feed the kids, put them to bed (it was his night to do them..) and then go talk to him.

I told him that I'm getting very tired of being his mommy. He's a big boy and needs to realize that we can't live like this. He needs to pick a hobby and stop spending all our money. We live paycheck to paycheck because I'm trying SUPER hard to pay stuff off. Unfortunately we're getting no where.

Do any of you deal with this? With a husband that just won't stop spending money? I had to take his credit card away from him yesterday morning because he won't stop spending even after I told him to. I'm not just a push over, the truth is all this spending is me compromising! He wants the huge 150k truck, I tell him sell his old car and then replace one payment with another of the same amount so he ends up settling for a 35k truck instead.. I have no idea how I got here. Slippery slope.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment