Pages

Search blog and web

I thought he liked me... Why did he hurt me?

It all started around spring of '12. I met this guy at my job and we hit it off. He's older than me (by a 7 year difference). I never once thought us of having anything but friendship, because he wasn't my type, and of course the age gap (him - 26, me - 18). But before I knew it, after several months of him flirting with me at work and txting me all night, I agreed to have sex with him. I lost my viriginity to him, and I started to develop feelings for him. I confronted him about it via txt that I liked him and wanted a relationship, but he told me he didn't want a serious relationship. It crushed me.

I lost all momentum to talk to him, and I ignored him for a few weeks after that. I couldn't deal with the thought of him using me for sex and he didn't think of me as anything more than a friend. He clarified he didn't mean it in that sense, that he liked me, but wasn't ready for one. I believed him. Foolishly.

In the summer he was looking for a new job, because the job we had was a part-time retail job paying peanuts. He was out of the military, in school, trying to find something that would support him enough to live on his own (he was living with his parents).

He got his wish in November and was making almost 5x the amount we was originally. By that time, we were both still intimate with each other.

I don't know when we grew apart. He would always be the one to txt me every day, and I would look forward to it! Now... I could see I was losing his attention. I was still bitter at the fact it's been more than half a year and we were still not a real couple. I wanted to tell him that I loved him (because at this point I really did feel that way), but I was scared he'd reject those same feelings months back. Maybe I got too clingy, maybe I weirded him out, maybe I was too immature in his eyes. It's hard for me to believe those feelings he had for me were fake. I wasn't having sex every time I was with him, but 60% of the time.

To sum up our relationship:
He only took me on one date. Ever.
We had sex multiple times.
I never met his family members.
Or his friends.

Maybe he was just playing me. By listing all this, anyone would think that.

After that one date in January, he asked to see me next week on another date. I txted him that day we were supposedly "going-out", but the txt msg I got from him was "I'm at work. I can't talk right now", last thing I ever heard from him.

I tried getting in touch with him by txt messages, phone calls, and I even went to his parents' house twice. I haven't seen him or heard from him since then (now it's June). He never replied to my messages, and his step-dad said he wasn't home the first time, and he moved the second.

I don't know if I can believe he moved after only a few months working there. It is a possibility him getting a house with roommate(s) or by himself with his income, but it's hard for me to believe.
His step-dad didn't know me, and I don't look my age as it is (20 now and I look 14, not shitting you). Maybe he lied to get me off his porch. I don't know.

I still love him. I want to get in touch with him. It's hard for me to let go. What should I do? I know it'd be best for me to move on, but what would be good suggestions?
(And, I just found out recently he rejected my facebook friend request that I sent in early March.)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment