Pages

Search blog and web

sex questions from your children

Well i am new to this forum and glad i found the site. I am not in a relationship at the moment, but have kids so good to find a parenting forum.

Well i had my daughter come to me recently and ask questions around sex and masturbation. Look i have a real good and open relationship with my daughters, but i guess you are never really prepared when they come out of the blue.

I was a little embarrassed at first, but thought I handled it ok? I didn't go into any details, but mentioned it was ok to masturbate as its very natural and a good way to understand yourself.

I know there are people on here who would say you should keep this subject taboo and sweep it under the carpet.

My thoughts are you should have open lines of communication with your kids and teach them about things like this as it is good parenting.

Look i am no prude and think this is very natural part of life. As i am a single mum and do it myself, it would very hypercritical on my part if i tried to talk her out of it and say its wrong!!

I said to her if she needed more advice or help she should come to me anytime.

I would be interested to find out what people thoughts are on this and how they have gone about this conversation?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment