Pages

Search blog and web

My boyfriend's diet is terrible

My 22-year-old boyfriend is skinny as a stick- he must have an overactive thyroid and fast metabolism or something similar- but his diet is so incredibly unhealthy.

He literally will not touch a fruit or vegetable because "he doesn't like the texture in his mouth". All he eats is processed ready meals, burgers, pizzas and chips. If we go out he will have one of these things or a steak. He also consumes a lot of fizzy juice and drinks alcohol fairly regularly.

Ok, so he's young. But he won't be young forever. More people than ever in the western world are experiencing/dying from diet-related conditions such as heart attacks, certain cancers and strokes. Many more are developing difficult conditions such as diabetes. I love my boyfriend, but worry about him. Another, slightly less urgent -but important all the same- issue, is that we're hoping to move in together in a couple of years time. I cannot and will not be living on the kind of food he eats. I'd feel ill after a few days if I did that. If we are to live together either we eat seperate meals all the time (which will cause arguments) or he changes some of his eating habits. (by the way, i'm not a 'perfect' eater, but far better than he is!)

Should I talk to him about this? It really is an issue in my eyes.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment