Pages

Search blog and web

Developing a crush on a guy 3 years younger than me?!

  • Thread Starter

So I'm a 4th yr university student and I live in student halls. A lot of the 3rd/4th years and masters are pretty boring and a lot of my friends have started to live at home this year because of less uni hours, so I've started to spend a lot of time with a mixed group of students in my halls, majority freshers though there are 2nd/3rd years and masters students too. Anyyways sorry for the long intro, but basically I am one of the oldest in this group at 22, but I get along really well with everyone in the group, they are fun if I want to go hang out and drink with them or go out clubbing with (though obviously I do it less as I have uni work and stuff!).

I'm starting to have a thing for one of the guys in the group, but the problem is he's 19 and a first year. I think he might be kinda into me too and normally, I would be happy as it's just fun to have someone to think about and obsess over his every action with your friends (ladies, amiright?!) whether or not it even progresses to an actual thing, but I just feel silly because he's so much younger than me. And obviously in the real world, 3 years is probably nothing, but in uni years it seems like a lot. And I feel really old and conscious of my age around him, because I feel like it makes me less attractive (?!)

This guy is not forward and plays it pretty cool and stuff, so I don't see him making any sort of move at all, but there is definitely chemistry there. I'm trying to just forget about it and be friends with him and the rest of the group, but right now my life is pretty stressful and its hard to force yourself not to think of a guy haha. I've never really had reason to 'stop' a sort-of-crush on a guy, I mean like it's never been someone with a girlfriend or someone my friend liked or anything, so I don't know how to go about it?! How do I try and put him firmly in the 'friend' category. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment