Pages

Search blog and web

Deleted Text Messages - Paranoia?

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum now for weeks trying to garner some knowledge and perspective about my particular situation.

Quick background - married 12 years, both early 40's, two kids. The marriage itself has been up and down, mostly because of my depression and anxiety. I'm in counseling and taking meds (finally) in the attempt to rectify both of these situations. However, I do recognize that I have not held up my end of the marriage for some time - something that I have been open and honest about with my wife in the last two months. She has commented many times in the past that I have not been emotionally supportive of her. Again, no argument from me, I own that and am working towards repairing that void. Still, she is incredibly supportive of me and props me up even on my worst days. It's almost surreal that I am asking these questions.

I have open access to her phone (as she does mine) and have noticed that there are a few texts and phone call records that have been deleted. In her defense, her phone is completely full and she 1) refuses to backup and delete pics and 2) must resort to deleting *something* to make room, which could mean pics, texts, apps, etc.

The texts and calls are all to a single # but only amount 14 texts and 2 phone calls since February 2015. She stores the contact as the actual coworkers name in her phone - not trying to hide the guy's name, but is deleting the messages and call records (which I've found on our phone bill and a spotlight search on the iPhone). The messages/calls occurred in February 2015 (9 texts, all in one day, after business hours 5pm-8pm), not again until May (1 call and 1 text, during business hours), and then again in August (4 texts and 1 call, all on same day during business hours). I have access to her email and other accounts and there is no suspect behavior for any other phone #'s or anything questionable on Facebook (realizing of course that things can be deleted).
She does have a work issued phone which I have zero access to.

I've found the guy on Facebook and he's probably ten years younger than we are, quite good looking, and married.

I also ran the free version of Wondershare on her phone and it didn't recover any of the texts – it did find the phone call records though I already knew of them from the phone bill.

I want to ask her about this because it's concerning that text messages to a male coworker would be deleted, but the volume is so low and spread out that it makes me wonder if I'm being overly paranoid.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment