Pages

Search blog and web

Separated and lost need advice

I recently moved out of my house to separate from my husband I love him very much but felt this was needed because he has gotten so drunk multiple times that he has hurt our relationship by being verbally and emotionally abusive as well as desructive of my property. Each time I pleaded that it had to stop because it was ruining our marriage. This last time was the straw that broke the camels back. Afterwards I just felt numb or hurt and depressed because I felt like I wasnt worth enough to him to not binge drink. I decided if I stayed in the house we would get divorced due to my distrust and hurt feelings towards him. He begged me to stay and bent over backwards to do things around the house. I explained that was putting a band aid on the bigger issue and I needed some space to breathe. I dont want a divorce I want our marriage to work but I just feel that he needs to prove to me that he is going to stick with his addiction counseling and that I also need individual therapy followed by marriage counseling. Since I left he did a 180....I remind him that I do love him with all my heart and I want us to work and have a healthy marriage. He is distant and although he says he loves me said he is not 100% invested in making our marriage work which is a different tune than what he was singing a few weeks ago. I am so confused because he calls or texts me every morning and throughout the day. Im hurt because he drove me to make the hard decision to leave. I have been trying to making loving gestures and stave off my anger when talking to him. I just dont know what to do. We are attending our first therapy session together on Wednesday. But I feel like I'm getting such mixed signals from his end with the emotional distance sometimes yet he reaches out to me. If anybody has been in a similar situation advice would be greatly appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment