Pages

Search blog and web

Why do councilling and family support resources not speak of men in womens' midlife c

Worked my butt off for 15 years to support the family, who didn't want to shift when work forced me to move. busted my arse, burnt friendships, relationships, took horrendous risks to be there whenever I could. Came to every child thing I could manage. Worked 12-17 hours a day, 7 days week, 8 years - only breaks I had was to spend time with them.
Business partners finally wanted to retire so I sold up, and put everything into a couple of rental properties and a house just down the road from them....

And she is having her mid life crisis.

Why aren't men (and government and culture) aware that women go through this mid life crisis ?! I have put my entire life into supporting them and trying to build a future only to be treated like absolute ****, I am the enemy I can't open my mouth without being told how wrong and nasty I am or just outright ignored.

I read up on the (little) literature that exists, and all I can find supports the "poor woman rediscovering herself" and talking how wonder it is she can "re-invent" who she wants to be......usually by ditching the poor guy who thought they were in for the long haul (like she demanded early in the relationship). And all the responses are so positive about how wonderful it is for her, how empowering, how much she "deserves it".

If I gave my wife this much pain and loss, I'd be imprisoned. (it's not like I've done anything wrong!!!! I'm finally getting to come home :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::c rying:)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment