Pages

Search blog and web

What is the most common reason why a mother prefers one daughter?

Hi there, just a father looking for answers. My wife and I have two teenage daughters, one that is 14, the other 16. Since as long as I can remember, my wife has always shown a clear preference for our older daughter.

For example, she takes our older daughter our very often to get her hair/nails done, or shopping for clothes or what have you, yet she won't do such things with our youngest. Granted our younger daughter is more tomboyish whereas the older daughter much like my wife is into reading fashion magazines, doing typical girly things; to be quite honest while I am glad my wife and older daughter get along well to me the relationship seems more like bff gfs type rather than mother/daughter. But that's just me.

Our younger daughter is in soccer and loves it but my wife has never been to watch her, she also likes camping/fishing/hiking and very outdoorsy but my wife will not do those things with her. As a result I have a much stronger connection with her than my wife, and I love it, but wish my wife would give equal time to our younger daughter. Heck, not to long ago our younger daughter was in need of some new bras and she asked her mother to take her to get some and she just told me to take her! Seriously??

Sorry if a bit long but hoping some of the women here could shed light as to why my wife shows such indifference to our youngest while putting our older daughter on a pedestal and how to help it.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment