Pages

Search blog and web

I am a child of rape.

  • Thread Starter

Well, as you can see from the thread title, I'm a child that was born as a result of rape.

Is it reasonable that I find it absolutely terrible, when people say things like "I don't support abortion except in the case of rape" or "A woman shouldn't have to raise the child of a rapist, and look into its face every day and be reminded of what happened to her"? Am I the only one?

An innocent child is an innocent child, no matter who his father was. Why are people so prejudiced against children like me, who have done nothing wrong, and think "Yeah obviously a mother would resent that sort of child" as though it makes perfect sense. There's nothing wrong with me. I don't carry the sins of my father. I'm not contaminated with any rapist-gene. I'm the same as everyone else.

And I'm my mum's own child, just as much as anyone born in normal circumstances. Don't I deserve to be considered equal to any other child? Isn't a mother who thinks "I could love and raise any other of my children, but not the one whose father is a rapist" a poor excuse of a parent? Why do people excuse this so easily?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment