Pages

Search blog and web

Confrontation with Sister in Law

My sister in law has a tendency of having a direct relationship with my husband and often ignores my existense. I feel angry at her and annoyed that she only puts her blood relationship ahead. She wants to maintain her strong relationship with my husband and my toddler daughter...I see a future in which she's involved in their lives and ignores me like she does today
I have sisters in law myself and I always give them their respect and importance and do not have any problems with any of them.
Now recently it was my daughter's birthday and my sister in law, husband's sister, sent her a gift and was continually communicating with my husband. Did not talk to me or wish me for my baby's birthday and my husband even sent her pictures of my baby playing with her birthday gift. Three days went by and I was still waiting for the call but she didnt call and then my husband said you can talk to her if you want. Well I was angry and instead of talking to her calmly, I kinda went off at her.
She hung up on me and my husband decides to forbid me from communicating with his sister and has been pounding me to apologize. I said I know i had a harse tone and am willing to apologize but she needs to apologize for her behavior as well. But he refuses to have her apologize and says she doesnt need to apologize to me.
He talks to her regularly like nothing has happened
I feel exhausted because when it comes to his sister and mom he is not willing to listen to much if i complain.How do I make him see that she needs to apologize as well and how do i make him stand up for me? :-/

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment