Pages

Search blog and web

Possible Long Distance Relationship After Failed Local One?

This one needs a bit of explaining. I'll try to be brief:

Me and "Tanya" (I'll call her) started a 2-year-long relationship a few years back. She was married but getting separated (yes, please spare me the chastisement, I've learned my lesson), started off cautiously, but we fell in love. We fired on all cylinders and became best friends, lovers and soulmates.

She and I endured many stresses and hardships during this relationship (some as a result of our foolish actions, some out of our control) including harassment from Tanya's husband, her getting laid off and difficulty finding a job, a previous physical injury that prevented Tanya from having use of her right foot, and other things. I tried to do the "good samaritan" thing and help her our financially. I even had two jobs at one point, wearing me out.

Her husband had moved out of state during this time. As part of their divorce agreement with their children, Tanya had agreed to move to the same state as her (soon to be ex-)husband. Tanya was able to get a place to stay at her friend's house in that other state as well as a job. The divorce was finalized about a year ago. There was talk about me relocating to be with her, but with my own children and my own custody arrangement with my own ex-wife, a move to Tanya's state would be next to impossible at this time.

The pressures and stresses caught up with us. There was too much BS and fighting, not to mention the long distance separating us, and I had to break up with her, much to her dismay.

Fast forward to this summer. Tanya reached out to me a few times in June and July, and I ignored her. But last week she emailed me, and I cautiously replied back. We've been talking progressively more and more through texting and email, and finally talked for a couple of hours on the phone last night. She had finally asked me if I wanted to meet her halfway between her and I (it would be a 5-6 hour drive for both of us) to talk face-to-face to see about starting over.

Obviously, there are a mountain of issues that would have to work out before I would even consider anything like that.

But what do you all think....is a long distance relationship possible? Should I even consider it in this case? What are some of the ways we may be able to overcome the hurdles that are there?

Tanya is all for reconciliation, but I have some serious doubts. I still love her very much, but is it worth it??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment