Pages

Search blog and web

Are men wrong for being angry when their wives let themselves go?

Among my friend circle, everyone is in their late 30s and early 40s. This is the age when things can go south and quickly. While my wife watches what she eats, exercises and keeps up with fashion (within reason), a number of my friends' wives have let themselves go, having put on a lot of weight, resulting in them wearing frumpy "one size fits all" kind of clothes. Shallow or not, we men like our wives to be pretty and hot. That's just how things are.

Barring any health issue, I think it is important for both husbands and wives to keep themselves fit as much as possible. I notice that some of my friends check out other women when we all go out, to a level more than acceptable. Some quite openly. One time my wife saw one of our friends looking at college age girls when we went on a road trip. He was nudging me and asking me to look as well. We have known them for about 15 years and old pictures show his wife as fit and trim but now she looks overweight and unfashionable and worse, doesn't seem to care enough to do something about it. She does not go to the gym and exercise and reluctantly goes on walks. On top of it, she does not want to take up a job and is a SAHM though her kids are around 10 and don't need her to be around all the time. I wonder what she does all day. I compare this with my wife who is well put together and has been working for a year now and I admire her for making use of her intelligence and I love to see the confidence on her face.

So my question is can you blame husbands for being annoyed at their wives when the let themselves go? Or is it not justified?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment