Pages

Search blog and web

Husband wants to be alone

I feel like I'm in a tornado and my world is falling apart. I don't know what to do or how to act.

My husband of 15 years has told me that the "spark" is gone and he wants to live alone for a while to see what life is like. He loves me more than anything, but like a sister. We have two young children. We are best friends, don't fight, and truly enjoy each other's company. Says I'm the best wife/mother anyone could ever want. We have the same values regarding money, raising the kids, etc. There is nothing wrong. He agrees. But feels trapped. I don't get it.

Went through this before, went to counseling, and things got better. But then things just went back (unbeknownst to me). I haven't done anything different; this is all within him. He doesn't want to try counseling again. Just wants to see if this is what he wants, permanently.

He says he doesn't know whats going to happen. Maybe he'll spend some time alone, miss us and come to his senses, and come home. He's still going to take care of the house (grass, etc) and get the kids to school (I work early). To me, its just the beginning of the end. I'm afraid this new found freedom is going to be attractive to him.

I've been sick and done nothing but cry. He cries, too. The kids will be devastated. I don't know how to act around him or towards him. I want to push him away to protect myself, but is that going to make it worse? I don't know anything right now.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment