Pages

Search blog and web

Are you ok with your SO dancing with another guy

So here is an interesting question / topic. There was some wedding stuff shown on the news this morning that for whatever reason made me think back to a wedding I participated in quite some time ago. I was in the wedding party and my wife was not. At the reception after the bride and groom had their first dance, they had the bridal party go out to dance as well (slow dance). Instead of going out to the person I was paired off with I went to grab my wife. Maybe this seemed like a d$ck thing to do at the time but to me I had no interest in slow dancing with another woman (someone else did step in to dance with the Bridesmaid). In previous weddings I have participated in (including my own) after the couple danced typically everyone else would be welcomed to the dance floor with their date, so it just came across as odd to me (I don't know what is considered the norm with weddings).

In general though, I don't really find it appropriate to slow dance with someone else's spouse/SO (of course family members excluded, unless inbreeding is a possibility :surprise:). For me at least, it has nothing to do about being insecure, maybe I have just more of an old fashioned viewpoint. Neither my wife or I are into the whole dance scene, so the only times we do ever dance is when we are slow dancing (except for some drunken grinding back in our college days :grin2:). Slow dancing (and of course you could include other types of dances as well) does have an aspect of intimacy to it (obviously to varying degrees depending on where your hands, head, etc... are lol), so I don't really see a need to watch my wife share any sort of moment with another guy. Likewise she wouldn't want to see that as well (and she isn't concerned that some sex starved gymnast is going to sweep me off the dance floor lol).

So just curious what is everyone else's thoughts on this? Just to clarify as well, I am talking about in general, not specific to the Wedding scenario I described (was just an example that came to mind)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment