Pages

Search blog and web

Need help!!! Husband's in contact with ex-girlfriend

My husband got an email at work from an old girlfriend who he knew before me and almost married. She is single. He waited several days but eventually told me about it. I asked him to forward it to our home email where I could read it. He got very very angry and said no - that I would email her and tell her to stop. I said I would never do that. My real reason was that he's not supposed to take personal emails at work and I thought it would be better to have it on our own email. After continuing to be very angry and saying that he'd only do it this one time (???) he forwarded the email. Turns out he had responded to the email. She initiated the email with a comment about Boz Scaggs and how it reminded her of him (sexual overtone???) and then went on to ask about life and family, etc., and talked about her mom dying. He emailed back that he would have been in touch with her had he known and said "Maybe we can catch up one of these days". She emai led back that she'd like to do that and maybe she'd see him at a football game. Funny thing is that the day he was emailing her - that evening he brought up with me the possibility of going to a home football game soon. Is this coincidence??? I was not pleased by these emails...especially since the last time they met (7 years ago) I was left alone at a football game not knowing where he was for almost an hour while he talked with her. He never did bring her over to talk with me. I was so upset about this and he knows it. So for this to be brought up again as a way to "meet" is very hurtful to me. When I tried to talk with him about this and how it hurts me he got very very angry and mad at me...as if it was all my problem and I was over-reacting. In the midst of trying to talk about this he brought up if I wanted a divorce (what???). I told him that I wanted him not to have contact with her...that I didn't trust her and I feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. I said that if he had further contact with her I considered it a form of cheating and I didn't want that in our marriage. He was totally shut down, rolling his eyes and acting like I was an idiot. To cool down I took the dog for a walk (it was around 9:30 pm) and when I got back the front light was off and the house locked up. I had to ring the doorbell twice before he opened the door. I asked why he did this and he said he didn't know I had left. How could he have not known? I leashed up the dog and went for the walk right in front of him. I slept in the guest room and this morning it was the silent treatment. Before he left for work I noticed a page open on his notebook that had a list with her name, another woman's name (someone he went to college with), and another woman, etc. What does this mean? He left for work but I noticed his shaving kit is all packed up on the bathroom sink. Have I done something wrong? He's acting like I'm the one at fault here.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment