Pages

Search blog and web

Ending a Casual Relationship - Why do I feel like $hit?

A month ago I went on a really nice date with a guy I met at the park while playing Frisbee golf. He was a gentleman who pulled out all the stops - flowers, dinner, etc. I had a great time, and I think he did too! No sex but a little bit of very nice smooching.

Later I found out, he was a workaholic. Dude has a seriously crazy schedule plus shared custody situation with a teenage daughter. We met up for coffee once and another time he briefly stopped by my house to return a Frisbee, but other than that it has just been daily texting to stay in touch.

I also became busier. I picked up more shifts at work, am having an upcoming gallery show of my artwork (yay!) and am also training for a marathon AND doing volunteer work. There's a lot on my plate!

Anyway the daily texts started to feel more annoying than something I looked forward to - the situation didn't feel "right" and the attraction we'd built had fizzled out on my end. He texted me after he dropped off the frisbee that he was sorry his schedule was so difficult but he really wanted to spend time with me. I responded by saying. "I understand, seems like we are both really busy. Right now I don't feel like I have anything to give in regards to dating. There's a lot going on right now in my life and I need to focus on that."

I thought I was being respectful and sincere, but all I got was radio silence and I haven't heard from him at all. Which is ok, but why do I feel so upset and guilty??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment